the single scariest thing isn’t something caused by nature. This Hell on Earth was man made and it’s called the Elephant’s Foot...According to readings taken at the time, exposure to the still-hot molten mass could cause certain death is minutes. The radiation level was measured at 10,000 roentgens per hour. It takes about 1/10th of that to kill a person. This meant that:
- * After 30 seconds of exposure, you would suffer dizziness and fatigue within a week.
- * After two minutes of exposure, your cells would begin to hemorrhage.
- * After four minutes, you would suffer vomiting, diarrhea and fever.
- * And after five minutes in its presence, you would only have two days to live.
- * An hour would expose you to radiation of the equivalent of over 500,000 chest x-rays...